Welcome to my new blog! I'm a newly ordained pastor. A pastor in the city, Jersey City in fact. This means I spend a fair amount of time walking on the pavement of this great city. Often, while walking to or from St. Matthew's, to someone's home or place of work, or even to the train stop - really wherever my pastor feet take me, I encounter notes of life on the sidewalk, on electric poles, and in people's lives. Sometimes these notes are literal, sometimes they are figurative.
Most of my ministry as a city pastor happens on pavement, just as most of our lives as city people takes place on pavement or in paved surroundings. Pavement is our path, it is the way of our journey in the city. It leads in many directions and carries the lives of so many people. And, the pavement is the way of Christ, becuase it is the way of life in the city.
So, welcome to my blog about live and ministry in the city. Welcome to my notes from the pavement.
No comments:
Post a Comment